Want to be a Certified California Naturalist?
If you enjoy exploring and learning about our local ecology, engaging in citizen science and sharing your knowledge with others, this program is for you! The 40 hour course combines a science curriculum with guest lecturers, field trips and project-based learning to explore the unique ecology and natural history the Big Chico Creek Watershed. Evening classes will be held at Chico Creek Nature Center and field days will be held at the Big Chico Creek Ecological Reserve, in Bidwell Park and in surrounding areas.
Meeting Days & Times: March 23-May 30, 2018.
Wednesday evenings 6:30 to 9:00 pm weekly
Saturdays 8:30 am – 1 pm biweekly
Early registration (Dec 18-Jan 31) $375
Late registration (Feb1-Feb 15) $390
A limited number of need-based scholarships are available. Call for details.
Students must purchase The California Naturalist Handbook.
Course Benefits Include:
- Classroom sessions & hands-on field trips with local expert lecturers, field biologists, and a UC curriculum.
- UC California Naturalist Certificate awarded upon completion of course requirements.
- Optional 4 UC academic credits for an additional fee.
- Future discounts on unique training opportunities
- Opportunities to develop your CV and skill set
- A lifetime membership to a growing a statewide network of certified UC California Naturalists